- Removal of superficial layers of skin with a laser causing the skin to heal smoother and either removing or incorporating skin defects or lesions.
- Depends on size of area to be treated - a few seconds for individual skin lesions
to an hour.
- Local anaesthetic cream or injection, possibly with sedation or general
- Side Effects
- Temporary skin darkening. Permanent skin lightening/loss of natural skin
- Weeping from open wound surface for 2 days. Swelling mostly subsides in
first week or two but may persist minimally for manyweeks. Redness maximal in first 2
weeks, but may persist for several weeks.
- Facial movements will form wrinkles again over time.
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser Resurfacing in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser Resurfacing outside of Australia