- Improve body shape by permanently removing exercise-resistant fat deposits with a tube and vacuum device. Can be performed on most parts of the body. The surgeon may use additional technology such as ultrasound or laser to more easily remove the fat.
- 1 to 2 hours or more.
- Local, epidural, or general.
- In/ Outpatient
- Usually outpatient. Extensive procedures may require short inpatient stay.
- Side Effects
- Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, burning sensation. Temporary fluid drainage from incision sites.
- Asymmetry. Rippling or bagginess of skin. Pigmentation changes. Skin injury. Fluid retention. Excessive fluid loss leading to shock. Infection.
- Back to work 1 to 2 weeks. More strenuous activity: 2 to 4 weeks. Full recovery from swelling and bruising: 1 to 5 months or more.
- Permanent, with sensible diet and exercise.
Doctors performing this procedure: Liposuction in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Liposuction outside of Australia