- Reduce the size and improve the shape of a woman's breasts.
- 2-4 hours depending upon the technique
- Usually general anesthesia; smaller reductions intravenous sedation with local.
- In/ Outpatient
- Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects
- Prolonged swelling and delayed healing, bruising.
- Unfavorable scarring, loss of nipple sensation, loss of ability to breastfeed, loss of nipple and breast tissue, unsatisfactory shape, and failure to achieve aesthetic goals.
- Work 1-2 weeks, most normal activities 4-6 weeks.
- Usually permanent in that it never needs to be done again.
Doctors performing this procedure: Breast Reduction in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Breast Reduction outside of Australia