Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- This operation removes excess skin from the breast that has been stretched during pregnancy or weight fluctuations. Breast implants may also be used in conjunction with this procedure to achieve the desired result.
- Approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Usually general.
- In/ Outpatient
- Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects
- Temporary bruising, swelling, some mild discomfort, numbness, and dry/tender breast skin.
- Unfavourable scarring with keloid formation is possible. In addition skin loss, infection, unevenly positioned nipples (asymmetry), and the possibility of permanent loss of feeling in the nipples and/or the breasts.
- One week for work, 3-4 weeks for strenuous activities. The fading of scars may take several months to one year.
- The outcome varies from patient-to-patient. Other factors that may influence results are: gravity, pregnancy, ageing, and weight changes which may cause new sagging.
Doctors performing this procedure: Breast Lift (Mastopexy) in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Breast Lift (Mastopexy) outside of Australia