Rhinoplasty (Nose reshaping)
- Reshape nose by reducing or increasing size, removing hump, changing shape of tip or bridge, narrowing span of nostrils, or changing angle between nose and upper lip. May also relieve some breathing problems. (May be eligible for a Medicare rebate)
- 1 to 2 hours or more.
- Local with sedation, or general.
- In/ Outpatient
- Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects
- Temporary swelling, bruising around eyes, nose and headaches. Some bleeding and stiffness.
- Infection. Small burst blood vessels resulting in tiny, permanent red spots. Incomplete improvement, requiring additional surgery.
- Back to work: 1 to 2 weeks. More strenuous activities: 2 to 3 weeks. Avoid hitting nose or sunburn: 8 weeks. Final appearance: 1 year or more.
Doctors performing this procedure: Rhinoplasty (Nose reshaping) in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Rhinoplasty (Nose reshaping) outside of Australia