Laser/IPL Treatment of Pigmented Lesions
- Reduction of brown pigmented lesions which may be birthmarks or acquired
through sun exposure etc.
- Depends on size of area to be treated - few minutes up to an hour. May need
series of treatments.
- Often none required, but may have anaesthetic cream or local anaesthetic.
- Side Effects
- Temporary redness and swelling. Possible temporary or permanent colour
change of skin or scarring.
- Lesions usually darken before scabbing/flaking over about a week.
- Sun exposure may produce new lesions. Birthmarks may redarken.
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser/IPL Treatment of Pigmented Lesions in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser/IPL Treatment of Pigmented Lesions outside of Australia