Laser/IPL Treatment of Blood Vessels
- Reduction of "broken capillaries", birthmarks such as port wine stains,
- Depends on size of area to be treated - few minutes to half an hour. May need
series of treatments.
- Usually none required for adults, but babies and young children may
require sedation or general anaesthetic.
- Side Effects
- Temporary redness and swelling, bruising. Rarely colour change of the
skin or scarring.
- New capillaries may dilate. Birthmarks don't always completely fade and
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser/IPL Treatment of Blood Vessels in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Laser/IPL Treatment of Blood Vessels outside of Australia