- Fill in balding areas with a patient?s won hair using a variety of techniques, including scalp reduction, tissue expansion, strip grafts, scalp flaps or clusters of punch grafts (plugs, miniplugs and microplugs). Works best on men with male pattern baldness after hair loss has stopped.
- 1-3 hours. Some techniques may require multiple procedures over 18 months or more.
- Usually local with sedation. Flaps/tissue expansion may be done with gen anesthesia.
- In/ Outpatient
- Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects
- Temporary achy, tight scalp. Unnatural look in early stages.
- Unnatural look. Infection. Excessive scarring. Failure to ?take?. Loss of scalp
tissue and/or transplanted hair.
- Back to work: usually 2 to 5 days. More strenuous activities: 10 days to 3 weeks.
Final look: may be 18 months or more, depending on procedure.
Doctors performing this procedure: Hair Transplant in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Hair Transplant outside of Australia