Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Flatten abdomen by removing excess fat and skin, tightening muscles of abdominal wall and repositioning the umbilicus.
- 2 to 5 hours
- In/ Outpatient
- Either depending on individual circumstances and extent of surgery.
- Side Effects
- Temporary pain. Swelling, soreness, numbness, bruising, tiredness for several weeks/ months.
- Blood clots. Infections. Bleeding under the skin flap. Poor healing resulting in conspicuous scarring or skin loss. Need for further operations.
- Back to work: 2-4 weeks. More strenuous activity: 4-6 weeks or more. Fading & flattening of scars: 3 months to 2 years.
Doctors performing this procedure: Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) in Australia
Doctors performing this procedure: Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) outside of Australia